Snug?
I sure hope snug is an adjective you are using to describe home lately! Certainly, at the very least, the feeling of the covers over you in bed before the day beckons your attention. Though one could argue that this scenario is more like torture than snug, at which I agree and urge you to get a timer on your furnace and your coffee maker. <wink>
Cats are professionals when it comes to snug. I've been watching our cat and even a seemingly lumpy, uncomfortable spot will prove to be snug. Despite my cajoling I cannot convince my cat to move to what I perceive as a better location. Something smooth perhaps, with a washable blanket.
I try to talk 'cat,' I make the new spot look ever so inviting, I question my salesmanship skills.
As the long list of cat personality traits suggests, you just can't CONVINCE a cat...they do what they do, when they do it...or do they?
I had a breakthrough the other day! I gently nudged my kitty. Yep, just gave him a little push toward the yummy food he just asked for...and he walked over there and ATE it. I know - who knew! OK, maybe a lot of you knew - but I am new to cat cohabitation.
Pleased with my cat whispering skills I tried my new found talent on snug location number three. You'll see the band-aid on my hand.
I guess you can't nudge snug.
Undaunted, mainly because you are not cats, I will continue to nudge you the parents and caregivers of our Gardnerville kids, to get ready to show our future corporate donors that this non-profit has 100% parent involvement. That we are a motivated, effective team committed to the improvement and enhancement of our children's education.
I truly hope your Thanksgiving holiday was filled with the warmth of family and friends, and the many blessings that make you who you are.
Welcome back kids, we love you and we are working for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment